Role of a Team Manager
The role of the Team Manager involves close liaison with the Coach and team players.
A club team manager is responsible for the:
• Administration and management of the team; and
• Welfare of all team members at training and competition.
The club team manager is responsible to the president of the club.
Knowledge, skills, experience and requirements
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with athletes, coaches and administrators.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Sound knowledge of the selection procedures and rules/regulations of the competition.
• Copy of a current Working With Children check. It is recommended that all team managers particularly those dealing with children are required to have a police clearance.
• Current First Aid certificate.
• Previous management of a club team.
Responsibilities and duties.
The club team manager has a variety of responsibilities. Some areas to consider when managing a club team include:
• Liaising with all team members, parents, coaches and officials to ensure the athletes are appropriately dressed and informed of training, competition locations and club functions.
• Acting as liaison officer between the club and the team.
• Ensuring the first aid kit is fully stocked and regularly replenished for use.
• Ensuring the score sheet is properly completed and that a copy is sent to the responsible club person.
• Ensuring all welfare and safety requirements for the team are met.
• Drawing up a parent’s roster for timekeeping, scoring or transport to away games for junior teams.
• Ensuring all players remain together at the competition and support each other whilst they are representing the club.
How to apply
Please email your CV and expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.